Saturday, November 3rd, from 12:30 P.M. until 3:30 P.M. (or later, if you wish). Please RSVP on Facebook!
Forest Park, at picnic site #11, which DOES have its own dedicated parking space. If you can’t figure out how to get there, meet in front of the Art Museum, and park in one of the two lots there.
COSPLAY IS OKAY! (Finally!)
The moment you’ve all been waiting for! It’s Halloween, so GO NUTS. Obviously keep in mind that we’ll be outside, so take that into account and dress appropriately for the weather, but GO FOR IT. TROLL MAKEUP HELLS YEAH
This Can Town meetup will be collecting for the Collinsville Area Food Pantry, AND for our very own palhoncho, Stepfanie.
For the food pantry, please bring pasta items! One of the main things that they have to buy with donated money is pasta. Macaroni & cheese products are especially helpful: KRAFT, Velveeta, store brand, whatever. It’s all very much appreciated! Dry (“regular”) pasta and canned pasta (Chef Boyardee, SpaghettiO’s, etc.) are also very much in demand.
Besides, mac & cheese is orange, and therefore fitting for Halloween, right? Har, har.
For Stepfanie, whose family has been going through very difficult times and just lost their access to food assistance, please bring any of the following things:
- Hamburger or Tuna Helper
- Canned tuna or salmon
- Cereal (Cheerios, Cocoa Puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Blueberry Wheaties)
- Oatmeal (cinnamon)
- Poptarts (chocolate/fudge)
- Toilet paper
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash (Suave is fine), and/or dandruff shampoo
- Hand soap
- Green/string beans or corn (no peas!)
- Asparagus (her dad’s favorite vegetable)
- Cat food (for indoor cats)
- Cat litter
- Ferret food
- Walmart giftcards
This is a combination picnic/potluck. Please bring a bagged/sack lunch for yourself, and/or drinks, snacks, and other food for fellow attendees. Please be aware of the ingredients in case someone has food allergies! (I know at least one person had said they were affected by this — please email me if you’re allergic to something and I’ll post about it at a later reblog.)
The picnic site does NOT have electricity, but it DOES have a bathroom. As such, take note that you won’t have anywhere to plug in a crockpot, etc.
If anyone has a cooler that we can use for canned/bottled drinks, please let me know!
Feel free to bring your favorite board game or card game to share with the group! Please keep the games PG, as we have minors who will be attending.
If you want to bring a picnic blanket or similar to spread out on the ground, you’re more than welcome to. Picnic sites are first-come, first-serve after the end of September, but we should be able to use a sheltered spot with tables and benches.
Shirts cost $12 each.
For those of you who missed out the first time, I’ll be placing another order that will arrive in time for our laser tag event. That means you have until December to save up!
CAN TOWN ST. LOUIS IS MAKING ABSOLUTELY NO PROFIT FROM THESE! Gateway Shirts will be printing them; we need a minimum of twelve shirts to be able to submit the order. Please email cantownstlouis [AT] gmail [DOT] com to indicate your interest; include your t-shirt size and how you intend to pay.
As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, you can reach me via email (cantownstlouis [AT] gmail [DOT] com) or send me an ask.
- kalistik likes this
- cantownproject reblogged this from cantownstlouis
- samuraiabstinencepatrol likes this
- princess-saves-herself reblogged this from cantownstlouis
- themcnobody likes this
- scalycharlatan reblogged this from cantownstlouis
- katimus likes this
- hanukkahjamboree likes this
- navelgazed likes this
- elendraug reblogged this from cantownstlouis
- cantownstlouis reblogged this from cantownstlouis
- spadeprince reblogged this from elendraug
- ryokira likes this
- zilleniose said: Dunno if I’ll be going to this one since cosplay is okay. ;;;
- t0uchy reblogged this from cantownstlouis
- trashkingmadara reblogged this from cantownstlouis
- theshipqueen likes this
- jonnycravat reblogged this from cantownstlouis
- stridercentricmess reblogged this from cantownstlouis