Hi there! I’m hoping to run a small collection at Archon (Oct 3-5) and possibly Anime Getaway (Oct 25). Our next big event will be a costume prom on November 22nd — details are coming very soon! -Kay
We are going to have a one day convention celebrating gaming, game development, and music!
It will be September 13th, at Webster University’s East Academic Building!
We will be looking for speakers, and volunteers here soon.
You can also submit an application to have your game demo’d at the festival, or play music during demos.
Meet industry professionals and public figures during the panels, talks, and workshops at PixelPop Festival! Sessions topics include “Going From Game Dev Hobbyist to Pro”, “Audio in Games,” retrospectives of great local games, and more!
Play the latest and greatest from local game developers in our indie game demo room, compete with others in popular game tournaments, and participate in fun multiplayer games like Werewolf, JS Joust, and Massively Multiplayer Thumb Wrestling.
See the headline concert on the quad, experience local musicians perform during demos, and hear musicians and audio techs give talks about music production for game development.
For more information(including how to get involved), please visit the website!
Stay tuned for more information about guests, panel events and there will also be a kickstarter announcement.
PixelPop is this weekend! Check it out!
hi! i’m sef. i’m 22 years old, i live in florida, and i need at least $1000.
i suffer from bulging discs, osteoarthritis of the spine, dystonia, migraines, pinched nerves to my arms, hands, and legs, and a few things of the mental variety as well. my neurology office is evil and they’ve refused my insurance company’s phone calls and so my latest extension of leave was denied.
which means i haven’t been paid since june 29.
on that note, i’ve been told that if i return to work now i’ll have to face HR and they might just go ahead and fire me for my absence even though i was TOLD i didn’t need to go back to work yet by the insurance company while attempting to get this most recent extension of my leave. i’ve been doing some commissioned paintings in the meantime but that doesn’t really bring in the bank.
it’s a really fucked up situation, but i can’t afford to go back to my parents’ place. that’s an even MORE fucked up situation, including gaslighting about my illnesses, alcoholism, and emotional abuse. i’m also panromantic and neutrois and i’m not sure my dad is ok w/ my identity.
i can hold off on paying my bills til sept 3 but i really, really need some assistance. instead of signing up for one of those fundraiser sites that tend to either take a lot of the donation or are shitty people (i see you, gofundme), here is a direct link to donate through my paypal. (please don’t abuse access to my birth name. i go by a pseudonym for my privacy and as a buffer between my family and my life.)
$1000 will help me with: rent ($450), phone and internet ($250, internet has not been paid for a couple of months), and the credit card that’s been helping me manage groceries and gas during this whole thing. in the event that i am sent more than the amount i’ve asked for, i’ll be putting it into paying off the credit card. also crying from gratitude. a lot.
i’ve been relying a lot on y’all (including an earlier fundraiser when my insurance company was not paying me) and the fact that i’ve seen so much generosity… it’s really humbling. in lieu of a donation, i’d really appreciate a reblog, share, whatever. thank you all so much, from the bottom of my heart.
Okay I caved and created a GoFundMe page. I had the realization last night that I do not just need money for my dorm at this point— I have to make a 400.00 deposit fee THIS WEEK and bc my parents do not have the money, my mom is trying to sell her heirloom jewelry (something I really really do not want her to do). Please consider donating even just a dollar and please spread this as I am desperate at this point!!!
- Donate money to have those arrested in Ferguson released on bail. These people belong on the streets, especially at a time like this.
- Send a note of condolence to the family of Michael Brown. Let’s not forget the tragedy that started this.
- Donate to the Michael Brown Memorial Fund. This is an official fundraiser run by the Brown family’s lawyers. They are going through so much, lets make sure at the very least it isn’t a financial burden.
- Help get people on the ground. There are activists and reporters who want to do their part and get to Ferguson. Donate and get them there. I am so far aware of Zellie Imani, Zak Jemmott, and JR Valrey (a reporter for SF Bay View).
- Donate to the Ferguson Youth Initiative.The children of this community deserve better than to be gunned down. Make sure they get that in the future.
- Feed the children of Ferguson. Many children in America rely on school to get their meals and thanks to the civil unrest caused by the police, the children of Ferguson have been without school since Monday. These people want to make sure that doesn’t mean anyone is going hungry.
- Find a National Moment of Silence in your area. If one doesn’t exist, start one. Share this experience with others. Solidarity is important.
- Keep awareness up. Not just among the like-minded people on tumblr, this is something everyone needs to be aware of.
- Spread accurate information. There is a lot of distortion going on here and spreading every piece of information as it is reported only makes that worse. First and foremost make sure you are listening carefully, then share what is important and relevant.
If you are aware of any good causes or ways to help that I have missed, please reblog and add them.
A quick count has us at $50 cash and around 20 items (including 40 individual rolls of toilet paper)! Well done, guys!
Thank you so much to everyone who attended today! We hope you had fun! Results of the collection will be up tonight.
We are entering the zoo on the south entrance; post to Facebook or send an ask but we may not be able to find you
Please come to the bridge, on the south parking lot side. Once everyone’s together we’ll take donations to Weston’s car and then proceed into the zoo. Anyone with my number may call me for extra info or PM me for it